We are writing to denounce the actions of the Chilean state and call for international solidarity for the Mapuche leader Machi Francisca Linconao (Mapuche spiritual authority) who is currently in jail since March 2016 and has been on hunger strike since December 23, 2016 and her health is rapidly deteriorating. When recently asked about the situation of the Machi in jail, Chilean President Michelle Bachelet has ignored the matter and refused to comment.
We are calling for international support for the following two actions:
1) To call and email the Chilean representative bodies below
2) To support and promote the action we are holding this Friday (details below)
Solidarity is urgently needed, please call and email the Chilean embassies and consulates in Australia and in your country to:
– Demand the release of Machi Francisca Linconao now!
– Demand freedom for all Mapuche political prisoners!
– Demand the repeal of the Anti-Terrorist legislation used against Mapuche activists!
– Demand the end of the repression and militarisation in Mapucheterritories!
– Self-determination and freedom for Mapuche communities!
Chilean Embassy in Canberra
Chilean Ambassador Daniel Carvallo
Chilean Consulate in Canberra
Consul of Chile Sr. Felipe Diaz Ibanez
Chilean Consulate in Melbourne
Consul of Chile Gabriel Jara Maldonado
Chilean Consulate in Sydney
+61-2-9299-2533/ + 61-2-9299-2862
Consul of Chile Sr. Humberto Molina Reyes
URGENT SNAP ACTION
The Chilean government and representatives are responsible for the continuous human rights violations and unjust imprisonment of the Mapuche people and their leaders.
International solidarity is needed with our spiritual Machi Mapuche leader Francisca Linconao who is at serious risk of dying from the unjust imprisonment.
Come and support this action which will be this Friday 6th January, on steps of State Library of Victoria (cnr Latrobe and Swanston St) at 5.30pm.
International pressure to the Chilean Government is urgently needed, together with can stop the impunity and unjust incarceration of the Mapuche people and their leaders.
Freedom and justice to all Mapuche people!
If you need more information you can contact Lucho on 0425 539 149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.